Monday, January 22, 2007

Wintercourse












The last week of the Wintercourse has been very exhausting. Wednesday we had a closing seminar with interesting lectures, unfortunately I missed the one of Prof. van Genugten which was very interesting, but they changed the programme last minute so I wasn`t able to participate in this lecture. After the seminar we had diner and drinks in Tilburg. On thursday we had to leave very early: the buss would take us to The Hague at 7.15. In The Hague we visited the International Criminal Court, and although they didn`t tell me anything that I didn`t already know, it was very interesting to visit the ICC. After our visit to the ICC we visited the Hall of Knights and the Second Chamber, where a debat was being held. The debat wasn`t very interesting for the South African students because they couldn`t really understand what was being discussed. Later that day the buss dropped us off at the hostel where we would send the night. We went shopping, but the shops closed earlier than usual because of the storm. We had diner at an Italian restaurant and drinks at the hostel. The next morning we woke up at 5.30 because the South African students had a plain to catch! I wasn`t really sad that they were leaving, because I will see them again next week. I made some nice friends during the Wintercourse and I am glad I was part of the organization this year.

No comments: